Re: Carmania: Sorcerers and Priests, etc.

From: CryptoMatt_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 1995 18:41:10 -0500

Well Nick says,
"I never call them "wazirs" etc. -- too silly! A vizier is a vizier is a
vizier..."

Nick, no wazir's? Gee, I've spent several years of my life learning Arabic, and keep hoping that I'll find something in RQ that I apply my language skills to. ;-)

I'm one of those people who thinks that The West is a Gloranthan variant of the Islamic empire that was larger than the Roman empire. Since you, among others, are much more prolific writers than I, your opinions are getting more publicity than mine.

Since I don't have the time or energy to write volumes about The Invisible God and His Prophet, Malkion, I keep hoping that someone will find me some Arabs somewhere in Glorantha. While Persian Carmanians aren't Arabs, they are the closest thing that I've seen so far.

Actually, I think that I'm just going to have to do the work myself. The only problem is that you've already gotten a head start on convincing everyone that Medieval Christianity is the "One True Malkionism."

Even though your vision doesn't match my own, it is still very well done. Thanks for the hard work.