God Forgot, n'stuff.

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 95 20:01:05 BST

Thanks for the (blantantly solicited) praise of the Iorgh article; I won't have to send uncouth men round to smite you all with their camans, after all. If they come round anyway, it's purely recreational, so don't blame me.

ian (i.) gorlick on Nick Brooke on God Forgot:
> It sounds like you've got some more material about the islands. Like
> a map with names and places like Tosk, Tang, and Thoxos. Any chance
> of getting a peek at this?

Trying to get maps out of Nick these days is not unlike trying to get a drink out of a Vogon. And alas, I haven't had the chance to try the Two Fingers method recently.

Which reminds me, where is Steve Martin's article on astronomy, exactly? I've found Robert's WWW site, but where is that article in particular? If anyone works out whether this is at all Official, or even quasi-Greg- approved, do let us know. Information about Gloranthan astronomy seems to have fallen within the scope of the Elder Secrets Act 30 Year rule, for all the stuff I can pump out of The Men Who Know.

On the pseudo-Brithini:
> For one thing, I have a hard time accepting that people will
> continue to support such a negative world view for a very long time.
> [...] (Example: Leonardo is allowed to keep working instead of
> being burned as a threat to stable society.) So I would expect that if
> their religion did not work well for them, they would be inclined to
> modify it.

I agree with these reservations, though I think Nick's ideas are interesting enough to merit sticking them someplace. (No rude suggestions, please). Perhaps the Brookian Brithinesque scheme is practised on, say, just one of the islands. The other islands Are doubtless influenced by these Major Downer guys, but aren't operating exactly the same system themselves.

Alex.