RE: Glorantha Digest V1 #234

From: JARDINE_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 13:17:51 +0100 (BST)

Xemela's Blessing

        WRT Sandy's Vessel Virgins:

I always viewed the blessing as a great way for an older member of the community who faces death from old age to make a welcome and very popular donation to the younger people in society. I would view it as the endding an old warrior might chose in order to be of service to his regiment one- -time or an aged mother might do in order to secure the promotion of her now grown up children. These sacrifices would generally be seen as a sure fire way of getting to Solace. They might even provide a mechanism whereby criminals could expunge their crimes, getting themselves to Solace and freeing their families of taint and obligation caused by their crimes.

Cheers

        Lewis