Healing Stats sorcerously

From: yfcw29_at_castle.ed.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 95 16:59:53 BST

Graeme Lindsell says :

> I could easily
>give the Blessed Order of Saint Xemela some Recover (Characteristic) Ritual
>Enchant spells, with a requirement of 1 POW per point of characteristic
>healed, without thinking I've broken some essential balance.

Enchanting characteristics into things? No, I don't think so. Remember, the ritual spells have equivalents in each the magic systems.

> I'd probably give some similar options for purely shamanic cultures as
>well, and/or the Kralori. The theists believe that everything comes from
>particular gods, such as CA, but I don't see that the magic available to
>other cultures has to agree with them.

Shamans have plenty of opportunities to get divine magic from ancestors, spirit cults or an existing cult - some of which accept shamans. No new magic system is necessery.

Simon Hibbs
yfcw29_at_castle.ed.ac.uk