Up in arms?

From: sstair_at_cs.utep.edu
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 95 16:35:50 MDT

> Question for SCAers:
>
> How often do you get hit in your arm proper -- not the
> shoulder, or near the shoulder, but the actual arm itself? The
> legionairy armor I've seen had shoulder protection that would have
> protected the shoulder and the top half of the upper arm.

I am not a SCAer, but am an Amtgarder (similar but padded weapons instead of padded people). I have found that I get hit in the arms much less often than almost any other location. This may be because I use a sword & shield. I think I recall getting hit in the arms more often when I (infrequently) use a two-handed sword.

Steve Stair