Henk's tricksters...

From: Henk Langeveld - Sun Nederland <Henk.Langeveld_at_Holland.Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 10:26:52 +0200

David A Blizzard:
> Date: Fri, 07 Apr 1995 20:18:22 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Eurmali
>
> For an Eurmali to be the exact opposite of normal would be a form of
> conformity, at least as far as Eurmali are concerned. I would think a more
> normal Eurmali rule would be the Aleister Crowley law..."Let do what you will
> be the whole of the law." I don't think they deliberately try to be
> non-conformist. They just don't follow any rules (except what few cult rules
> they might have), unless they want to.

Cult Rules?

While the tricksters don't even have a cult?

Remember, the whole purpose of a cult/religion is to belong to some common structure.

Tricksters do not belong to anything. They might reason: Hey, those villagers do have something together, but it's not really my thing. Let's set up my own.

And they go forward and create their own perversion of ceremonies and cult rituals. But no two tricksters would agree on the proper ritual to honour Eurmal, or whichever trickster god.

The god would probably be satisfied with the bickering resulting of this anyway.

Henk oK

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #239