Griffin Mountain/Griffin Island

From: James Dyer <jed_at_dcs.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 14:34:09 +0100

Hi all,
I was thinking of taking Sandy Petersen's advice in TOTRM#9, when introducing new players to Glorantha, by starting them off as part of an isolated culture.

Having a copy of Griffin Island this seems to fit the bill (substitute Orlanthi for Aeolus worshippers etc).

However, aware of it's Gloranthan predecessor Griffin Mountain, and also the substantial presence of non-Gloranthan creatures, such as orcs and slarges, I wondered if anyone could supply me with details on the original so I can make amendments to the setting (I am unable to find a copy of Griffin Mountain).

I seem to remember from years ago (as a player) that it was set in Balazar, but I may be wrong.

If anyone can help, please email me at the above address.

thank you,
JIm.