Mongols and Huns.

From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_alf2.tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 12:42:05 +0100 (BST)

The Kurgans are so called because they left lots of cairns all over the Ukraine. Robert Holdstock has some of them in one of his Mythago Wood books. However there is no more certainty that they ever existed than in the case of, say, the Beaker People. I think 'Kurgan' is a Scythian word. If you want to depict the Pentans as nasty and brutish you could use the Scythians as a reference point. Some ancient Greek geographer described them as trouser wearing cannibals if I remember correctly and I think they had a horse centered culture.