Re: mongols, china, clashing cultures...

From: Henk Langeveld - Sun Nederland <Henk.Langeveld_at_Holland.Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 11:12:30 +0200

> >And China (ruled by the Mongols so
> >long that they were finally assimilated)?
> China was ruled for about 200 years by Mongols. This in China,
> which already (in 1200) had 2000 years of civilized history under it's
> belt. I would thus hardly call China a "Mongol State".

China conquered the Mongols by submission.

China's history is a history of assimilation.

Suppose the Pentans conquered Peloria; there would be little gain for them... They have only two options: continue their way as they've always done, or adapt to their new environment.

Change is inevitable. You cannot expose two cultures to each other and expect both to stay the same.