Re: Glorantha Digest V1 #252

From: Ian or Katts <ianw_at_magna.com.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 18:14:08 +1000 (PST)

Lunar War of War etc :

Numbers : I wasnt arguing the Lunars had more soldiers, I was arguing the ones they had were more effective than the farmers/soldiers of the Orlanthi.

Regimental Spirits : This is my idea of how things would work - sort of a magical expression of espirit de corps. Whether it does work this way is up to an individual GM. And I dont accept that Argrath existed anyway :)

Lunar Heroes : I was probably using the word "hero" a little too loosely. More precisely, I was describing the way the Lunars train their operatives ? apparatchiks ? special agents ? whatever. The guys who beat up the ice spirits, assasinate Belintar and do stuff like that. And I think 10 is a reasonable age to start training - look at how early sports talent scouts pick out their kids for feeding into the maw of the AIS and other sports institutes.

Eel family : Great concept ... I can imagine heroquests into the future to check out the results of breeding experiments. Shades of the Bene Gesserit ?