Re: Systemless

From: jed_at_dcs.ed.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 12:26:44 +0100

> From: David Dunham (via RadioMail) <ddunham_at_radiomail.net>

> Unfortunately (or perhaps tellingly), all John's examples were of
> scenarios, not campaigns (to continue using the wargaming terms -- anyone
> have better ones? TV versions like episodes and series?).

Here's a few suggestions from other games. Literary inspired terms:

Story (Ars Magica, Storyteller) = adventure, scenario, module etc. Saga (Ars Magica) = campaign
Chronicle (Storyteller - I find this one a little pretentious myself)= campaign

TV inspired:

Episode (Over the Edge) = scenario
Series ( -"- ) = campaign

It may be a little pedantic, but I think of my games as being a sequence of episodic adventures (how about that?), rather than a campaign which conjures up a military affair.

Jim.