Aptanace the sage

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 95 17:22:12 +0200

I correct myself (or rather expand)

Me:
>In fact, I think rather that Aptanace is
>a backwards projection of typical Kralorelan values

Peter:
>You don't make people up out of whole cloth. You seize upon somebody who
>is little known but much respected and pretend to find some new stuff
>about him.

Me:
>But isn't Aptanace a philosophical age figure? I don't see him as a
>real person at all, just a symbol, like Wild Man and the others from
>that age. (And the god learners did make up _gods_ out of whole cloth).

OK, new and expanded theory. Aptanace was the first Kralorelan cultural hero, in the distant past when men were new and Yelm ruled. In this time society was quite primitive. The only thing really remembered about Aptanace is his name.

Then, when Shavaya? instituted the Kralorelan way, the ancient hero was used as a figure to ascribe the new rules to.

/Nils W