Mixed

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 95 11:45:51 +0200

Heroes & superheroes:

Sandy:
>KNOWN SUPERHEROES OF GLORANTHA SINCE TIME BEGAN
> Arkat. Sheng Seleris, Hon-Eel, Jar-Eel, Harrek

Not Argrath?

>I've heard arguments that Hon Hoolbiktu may have been a
>superhero, and maybe he was.

Who's he?

Aptanace:

Me:
>The only thing really remembered
>about Aptanace is his name.

Peter:
>Plus a few standard teachings of which the surviving documents do not
>exist but have come down to us, second and third-hand.

Sounds fair. Btw, the written sources must be second hand or later since there was no writing when Aptanace was around (IMO).

Wicked ministers:

Peter:
>My basis for making them believe in the 'Rule by Council' was the mention
>of the Aetheric Assembly in the GRAY.

OK, what about a system where there is a single emperor at the top, who is supposed to take the advice of a council, which of course strongwilled  autocrats like Shavaya and Daruda had no wish at all to do? Is that getting nearer to your thoughts?

Thalurzni:

Me:
>but I'm very interested to hear why you think Thalurzni was a foreigner.

Peter:
>Well he had brown skin in the prosopaedia. Also he defeats and casts out
>evil elemental kings from Kralorela and yet there is no mention of how these
>rulers invaded Kralorela in the first place. I'm thinking he was an invader
>from Teleos.

Considering the general derth of material on Kralorelan history and prehistory I'm not surprised that the elemental baddies have no detailed biographies. However, Thalurzni can very well be an outsider as far as I'm concerned. As for his brown skin, I though that the people of Teleos didn't start to display interesting hues until the closing of the oceans?

Early emperors:

Me:
>And I maintain that Aether, Yelm and Metsyla _are_ the predecessors
>of Shavaya.

Peter:
>And the needs of the rulers of Kralorela. They too believe that their
>Empire descends from Yelm, because if they believed that their Empire
>was the creation of some bigshot, their excuses for being (self-)
>righteous humbugs would be somewhat tarnished and they might have to
>stop being so patronising to other people for a change.

Should I feel included? :-)

Anyway, Glorantha is a mythical world to me, so I want a mythical past. No reason to argue about personal preferences.

Nils W				| Everything is dust in the wind
Office: niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se	|
Home:   nilsw_at_ibm.net		|