Heroes

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Tue, 2 May 95 11:54:02 +0200

Me:
>Not Argrath?

Sandy:
>Argrath is not a superhero.

So he goes directly from herodom to apotheosis?

Peter M:
>Sheng Seleris is a Superhero? *gulp*. The Red Emperor/Takenegi managed
>three duels with him and dissappeared only on the third one. So either
>Takenegi is a superhero or Sheng became a superhero after Takenegi lost
>the third duel.

The Red Emperor, and the emperor of Kralorela too, has a personal cult. I would consider them demigods rather then heroes, ie. they derive their powers from worship more than from personal quests. Then of course, such a divine emperor may also be a hero.

Peter goes on with a list of heroes and non-heroes which made me think of three dubious figures: prince Snodal, sir Ethilrist and pharaoh Belinthar. And what about Cragspider and Delecti?

Andrew Joelson:
>Shouldn't this read 'Known Superheroes of Genrtela'? What about Pamaltea
>and the Eastern Isles?

The East Isles has no superheroes and damn few heroes. East Isles culture is fate-oriented and I think that is poor breeding ground for heroes.

On the other hand, I intend for the PCs of my far east campaign to become the Hero War heroes of the East isles.

/Nils W