Inspirations

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 02 May 95 15:02:33 EDT

Harald wrote:

> If you think of the granddaughters as representing the nurturers of
> the 7 Sacred Cities of Dara Happa, then ... Yara probably nurtures
> Alkoth (who better to satiate Shargash?) ...

I don't think so. During the Fourth Wane, Alkoth held out almost alone (with vital help from Sylila) against the nomads. Yara Aranis prowled the edges of the Silver Shadow, giving nomads the willies then taking them away again. There is no known association I can think of between Yara Aranis and the southern conflict. You could make one up, of course, but I don't think it'd be very convincing. Her connections with the centre and the east are far more convincing. I think this design is flawed.

As the Lunar Way explicitly embodies progress (i.e. NOT everything has been there since the start, or since Godtime: Lunar revelations appear within History), I don't think the full design (if there were one) would become known until the Lunar Pattern is completed, and the world is healed into a state of perfect illumination, harmony and love -- the ultimate goal of the Red Goddess.

All Hail the Reaching Moon!

Nick