Heroics and other subjects

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 3 May 95 14:04:42 +0200

Nick:
>Understand this, and you will see
>the Lunar Light -- which can be Red, Blue and White at the same time!

Liberte' Egalite' Fraternite' ?

Heroes:

Sandy:
>With my encyclopediac knowledge of Kralorela, Pamaltela and
>the East Isles (well, I know as much as anybody), I can't think of
>very many individuals who deserve to be thought of as superheroes
>(since the Dawn). In the East Isles, I can think of none, though I
>know of a few heroes.

I wonder if we are in agreement about the East Isles heroes. The only ones I can think of who might pass the bill are Tiruvallan, Elorom the humble and Algarax. The guys who united Korola are of course heroes on their home islands but I wouldn't call them heroes in the cosmic sense.

>In Kralorela, probably every emperor, some time before his
>death, achieves superhero-like status, in that he gains All Power,
>but technically they are probably not superheroes in the classic
>sense.

I maintain that the Kralorelan emperors are more like demigods because of the extensive worship they receive, but guys like Daruda and Thalurzni who brought great changes and Godunya who has to rebuild what the FDR destroyed are probably heroes as well.

A lot of the hero discussion has centered around their combat strength and how they would translate into DP counters. What about non-combat heroes? Are there such?

I suspect this has been said previously in this debate, but the quantification of heroquesters, heroes and superheroes in discrete steps seems dubious to me. Isn't there kind of a continuum?

/Nils W