Re: Glorantha Digest V1 #263

From: Erik Sieurin <ERISIE_at_bhs.hb.se>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 09:53:42 +0100

Mother Earth:
> My GM likes to point out that most of the Fire, Storm and Water gods
> are male, and most of the Darkness, Earth and Lunar gods female. While
> there seem to be less female gods among human cultures this is mainly because
> the great success of the various forms of Earth worship: some rebadged
> form of Ernalda is worshipped from Kralorela right through to the henotheist
> West. The only major human cultures that don't worship a female Earth are the
> monotheist West, and I'm surprised they don't have a female Saint with Earth
> connections.

Me too, but I expect that in those part where polytheism lurks, it is mostly among the Farmer caste or equivalent, and what they worship is generally some kind of Earth Goddess or Spirit.....

Nils:
> A lot of the hero discussion has centered around their combat strength
> and how they would translate into DP counters. What about non-combat
> heroes? Are there such?

What about Chark the Liberator, "so pious that his bones turned to stone"? Or was the guy an Iron Mostali?

Erik Sieurin