Reproducing Wheels

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 23:13:21 -0700

>From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>

>Wheels as far as I can tell appear to have been invented in the city of
>Elempur during the reign of Emperor Anaxial (well before the Great
>Darkness for those who don't have GRAY) to handle trade between Dara Happa
>and the Gold Wheel Dancers. The Rune for Elempur turns out to be the rune
>for Lokarnos (Yuthuppan Priestly Alphabet) and Lokarnos has the spell of
>making coins out of raw gold. The actual spell could have been part of
>a Gold Wheel Dancer fertility rite (ie making little wheels). Eric and
>Shannon may know more about this.

Well, there's still no definitive GWD history/biology, but my speculation is that GWD's are incapable of reproducing themselves. Children by other races have the traits of the other race. Just the fact that GWD's turn into tools doesn't explain their extinction. (any everyone seemed to like them)

eric