Book of the Dead

From: PMichaels_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 23:38:53 -0400

Hi all!

David Cake mentions writing something detailing some or all of _The Lunar Book of the Dead_.

When I wrote about "the Lunar Book of the Dead" in passing, I was thinking of _The Tibetan Book of the Dead_. (No surprise there, I'm sure.) I recommend you look at this work for your project.

I would also like to suggest _The Psychedelic Experience : A manual based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead_, by Timothy Leary, Ralph Metzner, and Richard Alpert. It's written to assist someone with mentally and spiritually preparing for a drug induced psychedelic experience. (Now, doesn't that sound right up the Lunars alley?) The comments and text regarding the various Bardos would probably be of most use for you.

I also highly recommend _The History of Hell_, by Alice K. Turner. It's a "survey of how, over the past 4,000 years, religious leaders, poets, painters, and ordinary people have visualized Hell-its location, architecture, purpose, and inhabitants." (The quote is from the book jacket.)

Peace,

     Peter

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #304