Strength through Joy, indeed...

From: Soren Petersen <petersen_at_inet.uni-c.dk>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 16:06:24 +0200

The long-awaited issue 13 of TotRM dumped through my letterbox today - happy happy joy joy!

Very nice cover. Who is it supposed to be? Xemela and Zzabur?

I liked the articles on the different Churches, quite a few surprises there; Rokari Tapping their peasants, Wizards not being allowed to shave etc. Heh, I can see it now - suddenly, every Rokari Wizard in Glorantha sprouts a huge, bushy beard (The God Learners strike Back!) Poor, fastidious Arlaten is going to be *very* surprised when he wakes up in the morning :)

And my player with the proud Loskalmi Knight is bound to be depressed now; according to these new entry requirements, he is not a true Knight yet - just a lowly Soldier. No matter, special dispensation and all that.

I wasn't too thrilled with the New, Improved Loskalm though; The Watchdog Council, where your new slogan or doctrine ("Forward, ever Eastwards") will be submitted for approval. State Orphanages, filled with blond, blue-eyed boys singing the praise of the Idealist State. Muscular Hrestolism - rowdy youths (no doubt dressed in brown shirts) parading though Sog City, waving banners and shouting patriotic slogans - yuk!

Still, a very informative issue and a good read. Thanks to David Hall and the rest of the guys for their good work. Nice one!

Cheers

Soren Petersen