Re: Humakti and other refutations

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_hamachi.pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 1995 00:40:22 -0700

Peter Metcalfe claimed

>So the Dara Happans clearly see the two triangles as opposed runes
>(rightside up = Order, upside down = Disorder/Irrationality, etc IMO)
>which is something not recognized by the Malkioni.

The fact that both use a triangle is surely a coincidence. How many regular three-sided shapes are there?

>The Humathi of Ralios and the North War Wind of
>Pent are somewhat more liberal with ressurection as well as being more
>'windy'.

I don't agree with the former, if only because Humakt is such a popular cult, and I want to have the tradeoff. Also, it seems reasonable that a certain amount of commonality exists (and in truth, resurrection magic is rare enough that it doesn't really matter). I admit it's equally reasonable that differences exist, and this could well be one.

I give Humath the Air rune (and the title North War Wind), but so far I haven't given him any air rune spells. Perhaps he should get Lightning from his brother Orlanth (or even provide it to Orlanth -- currently I have him providing Truesword and Oath; Orlanth gives him Thunderbolt).

>Bijiif is the
>odd god out being 'important only internally to the Yelmic Religion'?

Sure, just like She Who Waits doesn't really get worship from the Lunars.

David Dunham <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>

David Dunham Pensee Corporation dunham_at_nw.pensee.com Voice/Fax 206 783 7404 http://www.pensee.com/dunham/

    "I say we should listen to the customers and give them what they want."     "What they want is better products for free." --Scott Adams