The One True Way.

From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 12:35:03 +0100 (BST)

> From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>

> I prefer to think that there are some absolutes in these fundaments rather
> than having to deal with a completely solipsistic subjectivist world.

On the other hand for me Glorantha's charm is that it is so damned subjective. In "Wyrms Footprints" there's a little story about how Oreanor (sp?) tried to overwhelm the boggles with the torch of truth. They questioned it and pointed out it's flaws until there was no ultimate truth, just a lot of little truths. IMHO completely contradictory things can be true at the same time in Glorantha; such as the varient emperor lists in The Dara Happan Book of Emperors or the different myths of how Vinga got to be a warrior.
- ----
Andrew Behan.