Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #7

From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 15:14:31 +0100 (BST)

> From: crhutchi_at_facstaff.wisc.edu (c. richard(Dick) hutchinson)
> Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 15:37:39 -0500
> Subject: Tatius's demon, and My Giants
>
> "...Argrath White Bull raise[s] an army and ...marche[s] against Sartar.
> Tatius sen[ds] a demon which had two arms, and an extra one, against them.
> The nomads were slaughtered...."
>
> Thoughts as to what demon this is?

The extra arm sounds like a Maidstone archer (which would look pretty demonic.) I think it says in ES that these giants are used as mercenaries. Of course given that Tatius is a priest of Yelm it could be a Shanassee or a Luxite of some sort. That would make a change from the standard chaos demon though it would be no more appealing to it's nomad victims. Howevet that does n't explain the extra arm which might be a metaphor for a cohort of worshippers or some such

> - --So ends this presentation. Like it? Let me know, and I'll post the second
> half soon. Criticism, suggestions, elaborations, etc. are more than
> welcome.

Post the second half, the first was great. By the way, how the hell do you manage giant _PC_?
- ------
Andrew Behan
e-mail:ajbehan_at_alf2.tcd.ie