Crater

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 13 Jul 95 03:02:13 EDT

Andrew Joelson:

> David Cake suggests that the Crater has a bottom, I had always thought
> that it was bottomless via some mystic means. I seem to recall that
> climbing the rim and looking down into the Crater was a sure way to go
> mad. Corrections, anybody?

Nope, you're correct as far as I know. Even *I* haven't tried looking down into the Crater, though, so what I'm confirming is the "normal Lunar story" about what goes on there. I have heard that the *inside* of the Crater is the *outside* of the Red Moon (in some space-wrenching way), and can readily imagine the confusion this would cause to any but the most red-blooded Lunar nobility.

> I had heard once that the Castles of Lead have some sort of connection,
> allowing you to move from one to another directly. Is this true?

All I know is that the troll mother goddess Kyger Litor dwells in stygian darkness in the nethermost recesses of each and every Castle of Lead. This may mean they're all the same place; it may mean (more likely IMHO) that they all share the same Underworldly basement. This would be "some sort of connection", true, but not an instantaneous one.

> Nils W suggests that the Red Goddess is not bound by the Compromise.
> Isn't this what the battle at Castle Blue was all about. She proved her
> right to exist and was bound into the order of things.

Carry on believing that, if it makes you happy (and stops you rebelling). The beautiful Red Goddess, Mistress of Time, Mistress of Chaos, Mistress of Mysteries, has enough tricks up her sleeve to heal the world even if she had one hand tied behind her back. Certainly, she's part of the New Order of Things: indeed, she is shaping it even as you read this.

The Crimson Bat is your Friend!

Nick