Compromised compromise

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 11:20:52 +0200

Andrew Joelson:
>Nils W suggests that the Red Goddess is not bound by the Compromoise.

Not quite (even if it came out that way, as always I jotted down my thoughts without stopping to formulate them). I suggest that there is a grey zone which the RG uses cleverly.

Besides, I vaguely recall a claim that the Dara Happans don't even believe there is such a thing as the Compromise. The lunars, having learned a thing or two from their imperial predecessors, perhaps think the same and just tell the surrounding barbarians who do believe in the Compromise 'Sure, our goddess abides by the rules of Time, after all she was born within Time and is far better attuned to it than the older gods. If you would just attend the ceremonies at the temple of the Seven Mothers you will see the glorious scarlet light and understand what I talk about. All are welcome!'

Peter on multiversal travel:
>The only difference is that it was actually a list
>of entrances to other worlds ie the Young Kingdoms of Elric.
>I dunno whether it is possible to travel moorcocksian to other worlds
>anymore or not. Greg has said that Redbird (who was orginally an AD&D
>character who came into Glorantha from somewhere) was a bad mistake

The most frequent GM in our gaming group is very fond of Moorcockesque multiverses, so that kind of travel has occurred from time to time in our campaigns. It can be fun, but it gets out of hand _very_ easily. It is hard to retain the unique flavour of Glorantha once the characters have started visiting other worlds and picked up knowledge and items there.

/Nils W