Fabulous Flying Moon Boats

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 21:28:32 +1000

G'day all,

Moon Boats

Frederic Ferro asks:
>3 Where could I find infos about the MoonShips ?

Peter Metcalfe helpfully replies:
>>The best description of them is given in Strangers of Prax.

Also, look out for my article in Codex #3, which was actually going to go in the Coders section of SiP but got cut.

Go to Hell

David Cake gives good advice:
>I dunno whether it is possible to travel moorcocksian to other worlds
>anymore or not. Greg has said that Redbird (who was orginally an AD&D
>character who came into Glorantha from somewhere) was a bad mistake
>whereas Oliver T. P. K. Dickison actually had an actual cartoon character
>appear in one of his Griselda stories (presumably from the Big Rubble Gate).
>My advice: Use sparingly if at all.

I recall that long ago in my undergraduate days when I had *way too much time* on my hands, I recall Trevor Ackerly and I postulating what would happen if the characters from the RuneQuest tournament we had just played in (the legendary 'Kree Mountain') encountered the characters from the ADnD tournament at the same convention, but with both groups fighting using their own rules. We figured out that the RQ characters would get lots of chops in before the ADnD characters with their 1 minutes combat rounds had a chance to reply, but they would have to, as the ADnDers would have loads more hit points! As they have POW, RQ characters would have a chance of resisting their opponents' magic, but we weren't sure if the reverse was true. The RQers would also parry the ADnDers' blows, when they finally got round to landing one. As we were even then resolute RQ partisans we concluded that the RQers would make mince out of the 7th(c) level(tm) Ranger(tm) and his chums, though I'm sure it could be argued the other way. Thinking about this, we really must have had a load of time to spare!

Cheers

MOB