Re: crater?

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 23:13:22 -0400

joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com (Andrew Joelson) writes:
> David Cake suggests that the Crater has a bottom, I had always
>thought that it was bottomless via some mystic means.

That's new to me. But maybe it connects to the moon? Unfortunately to the underside, thus requiring some means of adherence to prevent a long fall and a harder landing. Too bad I'm probably proved wrong by some ancient scribbling that will never again see the light of day.

>I seem to recall
>that climbing the rim and looking down into the Crater was a sure way
>to go mad. Corrections, anybody?

Rather: A sure way to become a lunatic. The Crater is made of enormous amounts of elemental moon stuff, and in such quantities the well known propensity of lunar elementals would be likely to overwhelm the casual viewer and drive him into madness.