Humakt and YT

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 95 09:53:00 PDT

BTW Peter - nice summary of Oslir/Nestentos available info.

Peter Metcalfe writes (from the Getertela Book):

 >"Yanafal was like Humakt save that he was resurrectable but has one-use of sever
spirit."

Yanafel Tarnils had/has one other huge difference from Humakt - he has "kin". YT is (or seems to me, at least) quite supportive, heck - nearly altruistic, to the rest of the Seven Mothers. He is part of a team, not the ultimate loner. YT can be resurrected because he serves the Red Goddess, with all her impressive regenerative/life aquiring history. Humakt serves no one, and has no real friends.

> Seriously, what I was arguing was that the resurrectable
Humakti could still get the re-usable sever spirit but that he will have to give up Something Else (like no healing of wounds whatsoever or something like that).

To me, Humakt owns Death, and that's that. Humakti don't resurrect.  Murharzarm didn't return from Hell with Yelm because he was slain by Death itself. End of story. A resurrecting Humakti would negate the only thing Humakt really stands for.

(Maybe you thought I could post something without mentioning Dara Happans?  HA!)

>Or the Humakti could become illuminated and I
haven't heard about people complaining that Illumination is Obscenely Unbalanced.

Illumination is quite unbalanced. That's one reason why most non-illuminated Gloranthans despise, resent, or try hard to become illuminates. But most PC's aren't illuminated, so it's not too much of a problem at the game level. Unfortunately, many PC's DO play Humakti, and they can become bothersome fast.

Pam "Proud Never to have Played a Humakti" Carlson