Re: sandy's stuff

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 95 10:49:18 -0500

James Dyer
>Is the Castle/Tower of Lead in Dorastor related to the Trollish
>Castles of Lead?

        Speaking as an author of Dorastor, no. Speaking as a gamemaster -- if doing so would surprise and amuse your players, sure.

Brian Tickler
>To my way of thinking, calling a Yanafal Tarnils cultist a
>"traitorous Humakti" is similar (though not on the same order of
>magnitude) to, say, calling a Zorak Zoran cultist a "traitorous
>Yelmalio"

        That might be how the Yanafal T's see it, but you can bet that the dislike Humakti feel for YT is rooted in their disdain for treason and betrayal. Think on it. YT is a honor-bound, noble fighting cult. Why wouldn't Humakt be friendly to it? Surely not because of YT's minimal attraction to chaos (Humakt not being a particularly anti-chaos cult, after all). The only reason is that YT is a loathsome turncoat. And the Lunars don't care. They glory in it. What better proof of the virtue of the Lunar Way than that a paragon of betrayal -- a hero who turned on his own god -- should become the symbol of steadfast loyalty throughout the Empire.

Frederick Ferro
>Are the Thunderstones used by the Eolian Slingers related to the
>Orlanthi Thunderstones ?

        The Thunder Delta slingers don't use "thunderstones". They use a variety of magic sling stones. They are not the same as the Orlanthi thunderstones.

>Did the Storm God fought in the Thunder Delta during the Gods'War ?

        You betcha. Orlanth, Valind, Vadrus. All of Peloria was fought over during the Gods War, particularly by the storm gods.

Peter Metcalfe
>Orlanth did not fight in the Thunder delta as far as I'm aware.

        Almost by definition, Orlanth's battles raged practically _everywhere_ on the face of the planet. But I doubt he had a _specific_ battle in Thunder Delta for which he is remembered. Vadrus may have had, tho.

>I would have said these runes are draconic in origin. I don't
think >Ol Snake-Features in the Dragons Eye has the monopoloy on what is >Draconic and what is not.

        Mebbe not, but he has his very own Rune -- the Dragon's Eye. That's got to count for something.