Illuminated Humakti

From: Cheiron <cheiron_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 20:07:19 -0700

Somebody wrote:

>Or the Humakti could become illuminated and I
>haven't heard about people complaining that Illumination is Obscenely
>Unbalanced.

Umm, but Illuminated Humakti _are_ obscenely unbalanced. Of course they're mostly broos.

Which brings up a question/thought. I've run a long term RQ campaign on the edge of Doraster (it started out as the Dragonewt March and evolved, but that's another story) which featured several Humakti PCs. The problem is, with the publishing of Doraster and Cults of Terror, it's beginning to occur to me that in the area in and around Doraster, Humakt is a chaos cult. If not, then why no mention of Humaktis in Halgrim's Saga? I doubt any self-respecting Skanthi barbarian would touch the cult of Humakt with a ten-foot pike. "Humakt, you mean the god the broos worship. Urox's is our Wargod around here, stranger." They probably even tell the story of how Humakt severed his ties with Storm in order to side with Chaos. After all, isn't that why everybody dies.

On feeding Etrigan the Demon to the Bat, talk about indigestion. I bet the Bat was pissed.

Cheiron

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #21