Golden Bow and Lunar propoganda...

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 23:57:47 +1300

Frederic Ferro:

>>The Impalas may actually have been absorbed by the Sagittus subcult

>I've seen some mentions of this Son of Yelm in Wyrms'Footnotes but
>can he be identified with the nomads'god Golden Bow or are they
>two different deities (one Pentan and the other Dara Happan) ?

Saggitus is a subcult of Yelm. I think you worship him to get the spell Golden bow. Golden Bow, the God of the Pentans is actually Yu-Kargzant, who is merely another Yelm Cult. The Dara Happans call him Golden Bow because the Rune Lords use the spell Golden Bow so often, I guess. Since the Horse Riders cannot possibly worship Yelm or even worship a righteous subcult of Yelm, ergo they must worship Golden Bow.

Pam Carlson:

I said:

>> After making out a cogent case that there is nothing
>>sinster and unnatural about the Red Moon, you have to mention the N-word
>>and set the Orlanthi types frothing at the mouth...

Pam replies:

>Citizen Metcalf -

>Surely you're not suggesting we alter the truth behind our glorious Goddess
>for the benefit of a few simple savages on the fringes of civilization?

Nonono. Of course not. I would never think of doing such a vile blasphemous thing. I was merely...uh...presenting the most acceptable facet of the Lunar Way towards them unworthy orangutans...

>If you persist in denying any aspect of our loving Goddess, then you might
>soon expect a visit from concerned servants of the Repentant One.

No please. Not the repentant ones! I'l be good! I promise!

>Intolerance is Our Only Enemy -

Which we will not tolerate.

So be Tolerant to Us or we'll burn your house down.