Re: Praxian medicine bundles; Golden Bow vs Sagittus

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 14:33:30 +1000 (EST)

David says
> >Do any of the "ancient gloranthan gurus" (go Sandy et al) have any information
> >about the Praxian medicine bundles:

> Someone (Greg?) pointed out that these are almost all exotic things which
> originated from outside Prax, and aren't necessarily relevant to nomadic
> life (stepladders, tables, cauldrons are hardly the sort of thing you carry
> around on your bison). So they may simply be revered ordinary objects.

but but but (splutter... Gregged again?), all of these "supposedly" allow the Praxians to live off the plains, or rather allow them to stack together in the chapparel and, citing the late, maligned Nomad Gods, are all extremely magical. Or is this Wrong?

There are obviously many that would not be relevant to nomadic life except for there magical nature, but I thought that every one conferred some ability to collect/get/capture food that is otherwise well nigh impossible to live with, in large groups, on on the plains.

Robert McArthur