Rantings

From: Cheiron <cheiron_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 00:27:30 -0700

- ---------------
>A Sage can still investigate
>the pits of Dorastor but he would have to supplement his major magic
>(locating and finding Old Documents of the Broken Council) with more
>prosaic magics from other sources (like praying to Mastakos for
>mobility magics, Humakt for War magics, or simply learn sorcery) to
>help him survive.

If some Godlearner Lhankor Mhy ever cast a sorcery spell around me, I'd bite his frigging head off. Bad enough poking around in Dorastor, but using Chaos magic like sorcery to do it, he deserves everything he gets.

Grishnarl Broobiter
Storm Kahn of Skullmound Shrine

- ---------------
> Attacked? Yanafal was testing himself vs Humakt in a 'first
>blood' duel. If he had actually attacked Humakt, he would have been
>killed, as many times as was necessary.

He did attack Humakt. He was killed. He did come back to life. Yanafal Tarnils is an evil resurrecting traitor and must be destroyed, as must his puppet dupes who do his will on Glorantha. I called them traitors before and meant it. Every High Holy Day, these turnswords celebrate a ritual in which they join the cult of Humakt, break their oaths, ritually attack a Humakt stand-in, are symbolically killed, symbolically resurrected, then defeat the Humakt stand-in. Kill them all. And remember, a resurrection spell doesn't do you any good if your brain's been chopped to pieces and fed to the crows.

Sargreth Sureblade
Nochet City

>In my version of Blind King's Castle there are not only duck (actually
>a vampire who can change form) and centaur vampires, but a few other
>non-standard vampires
>like a minotaur/vampire, an intelligent gorp/vampire, and a few other
>I won't mention since my players have not run into them yet...

I played in Brian's Blind King's Hill/Castle scenario. No dis to Steven Perrin (who's game I didn't have the priviledge of experiencing) but Brian's BKC is amazing. And deadly. The players call the place Blind King's Kill. The minotaur/vampire is one of the minor horrors. Him, at least, we could kill. The thing in the pentacle... AAARGH.