Re: Bull Shahs.

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 08:17:04 -0400

NB1: Actually, I think the Tawari tribes came from where Brolia is now, or maybe from that Uroxland yon Mr. Happy saw on that mysterious, nigh-zzzaburian, map. We all keep forgetting that borders and political systems have probably changed dramatically in the last 500 years of genertelan history, and tend to conflate modern lands with their ancient precursors (much as my fellow americans conflate modern germany and italy with the myriad principalities that occupied the same territories 150 years ago). And worse, this Tawari business is all confused in my mind because my only source has been Nick Brooke's cryptic asides about the Bull Shahs, which I've tried to reconstruct best I can, guvnor.

NB2: Ye might be inneres'd to hear that NB (not, in this case, an abbrev. for Nota Bene) told me flat out that the Tawari were not bull hsunchen, for I made that faulty assumption myself. They're bull-worshipping freaks.

Bull Shahs has a lovely lilt, don't it?

Ask Nick about the Tawari, maybe he'll expound at some length, dispelling the nigh-zzzaburian fog about the topic.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #28