Map of Dagori Inkarth

From: Akkerman, Justin <JAkkerma_at_vmcsnat2.telecom.com.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 95 18:44:00 EST

Hello fellow Glorantha Lovers!

I have had a friend paint for me a large (a bit ofver one meter by a little under one meter) map of the Dagori Inkarth region. The idea behind the map is that maps are not supposed to be exact graphic representations of "real" areas but pieces of art that make you want to travel. As things stand right now there are no words on the map. All of the places are iconically represented. The red woods are a forest where the trees have red leaves, the nine good giant mountains are nine giants. It is pretty awesome really. I have done this posting because none of the cities/roads are on the map. This is for two reasons. Both myself and the artist don't know which are the important areas on the map. Also we want to use iconic representations of the "man" made features of the map. Some of them are easy like Blue Boar Fort and Ironspike. Pavis, for example, is going to have big walls and a giants cradle. What suggestions do people have for the following:

Moonbroth
Toena
Sazdorf
Bulford
Adari
Redstone
Laca
Amadhall
Dragon Newt cities
Storlock
Fort Engoli
Aldachur
Alone
Heron Green
Jarolar Keep
Johnstown
Assembly Rocks
Oltuni Caverns

Also what are the ten most important of these sites in terms of population/power. The number ten is arbitrary. I just want some of them to be bigger than the rest b/c they are "bigger", sort of like how in bas-relief Egytian art work important people are drawn bigger b/c the are larger than life.

If I can I will try to post the result to a WWW site so all can see how their suggestions were realized.

Thanking all in anticipation,
Justin in Oz.

[spacing between paragraphs inserted by LJM]