Most dreadful lies!

From: David Hall <100116.2616_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 27 Jul 95 15:58:36 EDT

Cheiron suggests:
>He did attack Humakt. He was killed. He did come back to life.
>Yanafal Tarnils is an evil resurrecting traitor and must be destroyed,
>as must his puppet dupes who do his will on Glorantha.

Oh! What deadful lies about our most noble Duke Yanafal. This never happened except in the fevered imaginations of lying barbarian scum.

In actual point of fact the incident you refer to comes from the memoirs of Duke Yanfal himself, and has been vilely seized upon by his detractors. It occurred when the Duke was only nine years old and learning the secrets of swordplay from his Carmanian Humakti Swordmaster (as you all know, Carmanian Humakti make fine teachers of the scimitar).

It happened that during one lesson the young Duke was constantly being disarmed and beaten to the ground by his teacher such that he became greatly vexed by it. After a particularly heavy fall, and in a fit of youthful impetuosity, he took the opportunity to attack his teacher when his back was turned, throw him to the floor, and place his own rapier at the man's throat. But he did not kill his teacher - and the memoirs show that his father punished him for the incident.

However, this minor event has since been seized upon the by enemies of the Empire and given some sort of symbolic meaning as regards the Duke's later actions in founding the officers corps of the Empire. In their warped version of events the Swordmaster has taken on the role of the war god Humakt and the Duke that of an upstart war god of the Lunar Way. What complete rubbish! In the Crimson Lady's name, he was only nine years old!

I hope that this allows you to see through the lies of those barbarians and gain a more balanced view of the truth.

All Hail the Benevolent Moon!

Cheers,

David Hall