Blind King's Hill

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 13:39:41 -0700 (PDT)

Steve Perrin writes:
>What I find amazing is that the BKC described herein is full of vampires.
>That was exactly what we faced during the climactic last runs in BKC--up to
>and including the duck vampire (but not the gorp vampire). Brian Tickler
>must be an "astral brother" of Warren James.

No, just a careful reader with a good memory for minor details. There are many references to Blind King's Hill and the buildings that sit on it in various publications. Almost enough to make a full "Rumor List" on the subject...six of which spring to mind almost immediately:

  1. The Castle is constructed of a reddish stone found nowhere else in Pavis (and probably Prax) [Big Rubble]
  2. Vampires, including Duck and Centaur Vampires, have been seen in the area [Big Rubble]
  3. Bandits sometimes hide out there [Big Rubble?]
  4. There is an entrance to the Hero Plane somewhere near the Old Flintnail Fort (which is on Blind King's Hill) [Wyrm's Footnotes #?, in the Rurik advice column...]
  5. Nobody knows who the Blind King was, or if he was really blind... [Big Rubble]
  6. Nobody is quite sure when the Castle was constructed... [don't remember where I saw this...]

If I were at home, I might be tempted to dig up a few more, but those are the references I remember off the top of my head.