Re: magic items

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 95 15:35:56 -0500

Robert McArthur
>Do any of the "ancient gloranthan gurus" (go Sandy et al) have any
>information about the Praxian medicine bundles:

        All of these items have special powers and at one point I'd written down the use of every one. I remember some of them (others are not at hand right now).

        BUGLE: this is the trumpet of fear, and when blown, all small nonsentient herbivorous animals are terrified and run away. It is used to trap quail, riverhen, rabbits, and similar small game by frightening them into nets.

        CAULDRON: Just boil some spicegrass and chunks of meat will bubble up in the pot, too.

        STEPLADDER: lets you climb up and pick fruit from an invisible tree.

        SCISSORS: can be used to cut lengths from a rope, hair, or a strip of jerky -- but the hunk that the lengths were cut from is not shortened!

	TABLE: like Eiritha's Table in Big Rubble, but more effective.
	MAGNIFYING GLASS: when you look at something through the
glass, it looks twice as big. When you take the glass away, the SIZ remains. Don't look at something twice or it dies.

CD Graham
>The Runelords from CoT just seemed to walk through the spider woods
>although when the spider woods were detailed in the Dorastor module
>it looked like the spiders put up an active defence against anything
>entering into the woods.

        Perhaps the spiders thought twice about facing a band of stormbulls, and wisely kept a low profile.

>Question: If reincarnation is a fact on Glorantha why are no
babies >born Illuminated?

        Because illumination takes you out of the life/death cycle (agree Lunars and Orlanthi alike).

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #32