Kolating

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 1995 10:04:51 +0800

        On Bryans article on the Kolatings...
        First, lets call at least one of the three 'Kolatings' 'Kolati'.
Personally, I don't think I will use the human Kolating tribes (I have enough trouble keeping the Orlanthi tribes straight already), so I will call the spirits Kolati (as in Dehori, Unbroli, etc.) and the shamans Kolatings.

        Also, I tend to think of the Kolatings as being concerned primarily with summoning Wind Spirits, rather than having much Rune magic of their own directly (and Kolat in this case being a basically Horned God type deity of shamanic awakening). Rather than giving Kolatings a bunch of magic that puts them up there with Thunderous priests, I would prefer them to actually have to rely on spirit summoning and spirit cults to have a good array of spells.

        On the other hand, there have been quite a few good suggestions for spirits for them to summon here recently.

        Cheers

                David