Hsunchen, King Blue and the White Moon.

From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 18:02:05 +0100 (BST)

> From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>

> I'm rather leery of describing all cultures who worship animals as
> Hsunchen simply because they worship animals.

I thought everybody "knew" that apart from the Agimori (who were made by seven old women), the Brithini and the Ogres all Gloranthan humans are descended from animals. The Praxians (for example) have a story about how Waha seperated the people from the animals and the Kralori used to be the dragon hsunchen before they got civilized. Actually the main reason I suggested that the (related) Kereusi and Tawari were formerly hsunchen is because there used to be a Bull hsunchen people. Anyway given that the Tawari lead anotherwise hsunchen army at the Battle of the Eleven Beasts and that they were related to the Kereusi at the time of the Broken Council I reckon that there is a connection. On the other hand I would suspect that their religion, now, has more to do with athletic youths jumping over bulls and producing corn from sacrafical animals than turning into Far Side werecows!

> Erm, YarGan is 'seemingly chaotic'? The Trolls of the Shadowlands will
> venture to disagree. (Y)argan's one of their favourite gods.

I'm glad I said "seemingly". Apart from saying "The only good krjalki is a dead krajalki I could say that I recognised the similarity in the names but didn't but didn't think that the description of YarGan/Arganum in either TotRM #13 or GRoY sounded terribly Uz (at the time) what with the Logicians and mouth-bellied champions.

I probably shouldn't ask but whatever became of YarGans blue people (the Oroninae?) they are (naturally) mentioned as still being around in the Broken Council Guidebook.

On another matter all together (and I hope the local Lunar lovers won't flame me for this) I have a theory about what will happen what will happen when Wakbotlar (sp?), from Lords of Terror, finally sires the "Devil". It's the long-awaited incarnation of the White Moon! - ------
Andrew Behan
e-mail:ajbehan"alf2.tcd.ie