LBQ

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 06:13:43 -0500

        David Cake is banging the drum for a twisted Light Bringer's Quest again; *SIGH*. I was suprised by the lack of comment this suggestion produced,  no Orlanatics frothing at the mouth at this 'perversion'.

        The ritual that restored the Red Moon Goddess was not an LBQ. The number seven in '7 Mothers' is based on Dara Happan belief, not Orlanthi. At RQ Con II, Greg Stafford spoke on this subject (whoever has the transcipts  can check me on the facts). Greg said that Dara Happans believe in the six parts of the being, and that the Lunars believed in the same six parts _plus_ one more; illumination.

        This explains the Lunar fascination with the number seven, which is more extensive than Orlanthi; the later use the number when making up 'rings' for government, and not much else.

        Andrew