Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #29

From: Cheiron <cheiron_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 10:33:00 -0700

Andrew Joelson:
- --------------

>Please note that Humakt does not forbid resurrection

No. But he doesn't like it very much. My Humakti characters wouldn't budge a finger to help someone else get resurrected either. "Carry him yourself. Or bury him where he fell."

>Second note: turnsword is phrase used on former humakti who have
>left the cult and joined up with Yanafal Tarnils, a relatively small
>percentage of the cult membership

Sorry. In my game, "turnsword" is a slur against all Yanafal Tarnils. As is:

"blowhards" = Orlanthi
"sword polishers" = humakti
"Tapping God Learner scum" = sorcerrers
"Momma's boys" = Seven Mothers

>You only weaken your argument with such sweeping & inaccurate
generalities.

It's not my argument. It's Sargreth's. As a staunch oppenent of the Lunar Empire and veteran of Building Wall (He was sixteen), this is a man with an axe (or more accurately Greatsword) to grind against Yanafal Tarnils. I have another Sword of Humakt who takes quite a different attitude. But then, he's not a Heortlander.

> Third note: no such ritual exists. If you have seen someone per-
>form such a rite, it was certainly staged just for your benefit, just
>to see the look on your face.

It does in my world. It's an accurate recreation of the history of Yanafal Tarnils, and is typical of the type of rituals I believe cults perform on High Holy Days. At least Yanafal Tarnils uses a ritual stand-in for Humakt (who doesn't get hurt). Picture what happens in the Zorak Zoran temple to the poor bastard they make play Yelmalio.

>You must have annoyed quite a few people a
>great deal

Sargreth has a habit of doing that.

David Hall:
>Oh! What deadful lies about our most noble Duke Yanafal. This never
>happened except in the fevered imaginations of lying barbarian scum.
>In actual point of fact the incident you refer to comes from the
>memoirs of Duke Yanfal.... [Expurgated bald-faced lies]
>
>All Hail the Benevolent Moon!

Did you hear that last bit? What a dead give-away. You will of course be the first one against the wall when the revolution comes.

Cheiron +Y+