droopsnout, Illum, Nysalor

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 95 14:38:00 PDT

Droopsnout:

>From: fsgiles_at_pixi.com (Frank & Stacie Giles)

I liked the interchange between Droopsnout and Gil. (I've always womdered how Morokanth and their human slaves get along.) Makes me want to throw some Morokanth in our Post-DragonKill game. The poor, demoralized PC's would probably think they were wierd Dragonnewts....

Spirits of Reprisal:

>From: MSmylie_at_aol.com

 In fact, I've often thought
that it is that very element of awe which the illuminant first loses (cf. the
Orlanthi priest's suspicions of Oddi in CoT/LoT); maybe this lack of awe and fear of the divine is the source of an illuminant' s immunity to spirits of reprisal?

Well, I like to think that SoR's can come from two sources: 1) self-guilt. An apostate who feels guily enough can draw her own SoR. 2) A sending by ones' clergy.

Illumination can clearly help with the first by erasing all feelings of guilt. With the second type, illumination may provide a shield, or a spiritual invisibility to the SoR. It literally can't find you. But then, one would wonder how all those helpful cult spirits do manage to find you. Hmm.

Nysalor:

> The creation of Nysalor out of whole

cloth may have been viewed as a far more extreme act by some, particularly once they finally figured out what he was up to.

"I would like to correct these notions that the creation that Osentalka  was flawed from the beginning, or that she was an entirely new diety. I was present when the Council gave birth to the Bright One.

"The project began gloriously, with most peoples working to create a goddess which represented the best of everything lost in the God's War. The reborn god would be a composite of Murharzarm, the Paradisal Aviator, the Third Eye Blue, Flamal, and many others. I hoped to restore the perfect

balance of the slain Five Goddesses to bind the whole being together. But not everyone brought the same spirit of cooperation to the project. Some were greedy, and sought to dominate aspects of the infant goddess for their own gain. Thus the council split apart, and only part of all that was good went
into the project. And, most tragically, I believe that part of the spirit of discord
 itself was transferred to the innocent diety, much as a newly concieved child
can be infected with evil spirits if not properly blessed.

"I maintain that the project itself was a beautiful idea, and nearly did achieve its
perfect goals. But the hearts of all the creators were not pure, and therefore the
project failed. Of late, I have had visions of a different Council, one in which the
spirit of cooperation prevailed..."

The delerious rantings of KanOra the Mana Alk Elsor, Priestess of Naveria Slain by a mysterious fever. Naveria, 502 ST

Pam