Illuminatis / Jakaleel

From: Domonic Escott <100537.3032_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 03 Aug 95 17:17:40 EDT

David Cake [and others]

> Very likely. Jakaleel is mentioned as a ZZ priestess, and ZZ
>is associated with Arkat - perhaps she started in ZZ, was then allowed
>to join the Arkat cult, and eventually penetrated to its inner ranks
>and was illuminated. Probably after the Red Goddess manifested chaotic
>powers she was extremely unpopular with the hierarchies of both, and
>had to abandon them in favour of Subere, and perhaps closer relations
>with the Annilla cult.

I don't want to seem dumb here, but this ain't the first mention of Jakaleel being a member of the Subere cult. Now I still haven't got a copy of Yelm's Re-assent, but I have no other reference to Jak. being in this cult. I have got info on ZZ and Annilla. I feel the Annilla link needs some explanation as well. Just 'cos she provides the Lunes to the pantheon (and these come from RED Moon Matter) I don't necessarily see a conection there. For a start she could have stole this power, or better perhaps HQ'd for it. I suggest she effectively barged her way into Annilla to usurp the god's power (i.e. Selenes). This IMO fits Jakaleel / ZZorani very well. Annilla, although worshipped mostly by trolls, is just a ghostly image of a once former entity / mass / god. Thus I believe there was little Annilla could do against such a powerful foe but accomodate her. Plus, of course, She Who Waits "probably a priest of the blue moon," only goes further my beliefs that these two did it for power.

On the matter of illumination of the 7M pre-birth, I am now more sceptical of this as being a purpose. Sure, the cult reprisals are still there, but power - I mean REAL power is a huge motivating factor. True, Deezola might have had honourable intentions. I think YT was driven by intense hate, especially towards his previous god, and that brings about true passion. Irrippi intentions IMO is one who thinks he is one a 'holy' quest / HQ following in the footsteps of his god. Maybe IO only became a 'renegade' at the point of the Goddesses creation, and at this point, all were ready for the reprisals. I still feel SHW may have been illuminated, certainly aware and key of this fallen goddess they were peicing together. Talking of SHW, why does everyone think Jak. need be an Uz? IMO SHES the one who might be Uz - UzUZ! Thus she has knowledge from before the compromise, and I feel dragged into the whole 7M affair by a roudy Jak. bursting into her temple / hero plane demanding these powers (probably for herself!) On the discussion reently about the 7M's being on a LBQ for the RG - I have mulled this one over for days, reading the comments on the RQ-digest with both agreemen t and sceptacism, but finally I've decided to put my oar in:

I believe that although minor sections or scraps of knowledge were taken from the LBQ, particularly by IO and used with many other factors. It's too easy to slip into the "Orlanthi mentality" [wait for the fire-storm...] that everything must evolve around their god's mythos! No: I belive their ritual of creation was their own HQ, their own 'weaving' of time, with Deezola's tangible grasp of AS's powers, time was rent open, and a goddess appears, like a pheonix from the husk, with arms outstretched to embrace the bridge, Danfive, as he pulls her through the rent and into the world - to inhabit the innocent body of Teelo (innert and unconcious at his feet; the other mothers locked into full concentration on the goddesses imbibing of feelings taking as many emotions and feelings from the 7M's.

         Innocence, Truth, Proudness, Anguish, Agorance, Honour, and many more furnish this NEW godess with emotions: emotions that would be used for the good of a few crumbling cities., to be used by a goddess whop had human virutes and understanding. And along with all these emotions, comes power, the desire for it, the burning ambition and drive that leads to a crimson wash of the surrounding lands, with all swearing fealty to the conquering queen. A new Osenchalka, a new godess, a re-birthed godess, an understanding, comprehending goddess.

That's all folk for now,

Regards,

Domonic "Wane-tongue" Escott