Jakaleel

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 1995 16:22:45 +1300

Domonic Escott:

>I don't want to seem dumb here, but this ain't the first mention of
>Jakaleel being a member of the Subere cult. Now I still haven't got a
>copy of Yelm's Re-assent, but I have no other reference to Jak. being
>in this cult.

It's _inferred_ from her being mentioned as a 'former priestess of Zorak Zoran'. To be a Subere initiate, one has to be an initiate of a darkness cult if one is not a troll. After all a Lunar Subere makes a lot more sense for Jakaleel than a Lunar Version of Zorak Zoran.

However as KoS has (brutally) taught us, what's written down in a Cult Description ain't universally so. Thus Zorak Zoran worshipped in Jord may look nothing like the _Troll_Gods_ description. Given Jakaleel's description as a Witch, I feel it's more like one of those alleged witch covens summoning Zorak Zoran and other black and maleficant spirits (Hell Roar etc) rather than a chapter house of braindead maul-drunk beserkers.

All IMO, of course