Many-handed goddesses make Light work.

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 95 07:12:15 BST

Andrew Joelson:
> This makes me curious; does the Lunar Pantheon include a sun or
> light diety? Or did they pass, as all those Dara Happan sun/light types
> were lolling about?

That's "Yes", and "Yes", of course. Dara Happan (and environs) Lunars will worship Yelm, as well as worshipping their own gods of "lunar light". The two are distinct, but by no means incompatible. I don't think the Talesism that Dara Happan has separate verbs for "shining" with Lunar, and with Solar, light is _quite_ Canon yet, but it Bally Well Shoud Be.

Ostensibly, of course, the Lunar Way would be to let the natives of any given area worship whatever light god they find handy. Realimperialism, however, often comes down to "You can have any Sun you like, so long as it's Yelm(alio)".

Erik Sieurin claims:
> PS: I happen to know a sure-fire way to Hell. [do nasty things]
> Obs! Trolls trying this will end up in the sky instead

I suspect not. I think all Uz go Down Under, but some get that nice Wonderhome place, while others go to the nasty chaosy bit, and others, probably including many of the malefactors Erik mentions, go to areas where they get singed by Yelm on his "nightly" journey, or by some other entity of Hellbound Aether.

Frederic Ferro's enquiring mind wants to know:
> What is the myth behind the name of Jaldon's Wrong River ?

There are various "Jaldon" places in Dragon Pass (I forget the others for the moment); their meaning seems to be of the gereral sort: Jaldon was here, doing such-and-such, with some editorialising about whether this was a Good Thing or not. So presumably the Wrong River relates to some incident in which Jaldon and his merry men follow said river, looking for something which isn't at the other end of it.

David Dunham, Bleeding Heart Liberal, wonders:
> And did I mention election violence being one of society's mores?

As in, "Electoral violence? Let's have some more!", one presumes.

Alex.