Broo with 24oz Balls

From: nickh_at_compans.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 1995 20:10:08 GMT0B

(apologies up front on any strange characters appearing in this mailing - the last one had strange '3D's inserted that I didnt put there).

Brian Tickler:

> an Illuminated Broo ....[would] be dead the moment
> Stormbull became aware of his presence.

I agree with most of the posting: A stormbull would kill a broo regardless of what he did or did not sense - but I am not too sure about THE Stormbull. It depends on what he sees when he looks at the broo.

If he sees the same physical form that mortal eyes see then you are right. But this would mean that he would not recognise his own high priest if the later gets a shave and buys a new helmet.
Priest doing DI:

    'Lord I will kill these foul slime if you regrow my     severed arms'.
The Stormbull (sounding suspicous):

    'Whos there'.
Priest:

    'Tis I Lord; Dalbayeth... Your Priest... (Pause)... From     Jaldons Rest. We spoke last week.'
The Stormbull:

    'Oh yes, sorry, didnt recognise you with your clothes on'.

Its nice to hold out the hope that mortals can pull the wool over the Gods eyes (because this leads to more Game Fun) but I suspect that the Gods must see on a deeper, or at least different, level than mortals do.

One possibility is that they see the nature of a thing not its physical form. In this scenario THE Stormbull looks at his priest and recognises his soul as one he has seen many times before; a soul tied to him by sacrifice. When he sees a normal broo he sees a soul with a family resemblance to thed and a tie to chaos. But *perhaps* when he sees the illuminant broo the ties of type are absent just like the ties of cult or rune and he just sees another nondescript mortal.

        : Nick Hollingsworth,                  UK: B90 2RA  :
        : Birmingham - Land of the Free, Home of the Balti. :