Lost Subber

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 1995 00:06:24 +1000

G'day,

Search for the Lost Subber

On the 2nd or 3rd of August I received a letter with no name on it whatsoever,
containing a cheque for $100. Somebody out there sent it to me, and I need to find out who (though if anyone else wants to send me cheques in the mail anonymously, I'm all for it!). Here's the details:

Letter: University of Melbourne postage paid letter, posted in Carlton on 1.8.95. Addressed to me, "Michael O'Brien", not "MOB", or "reaching Moon Megacorp" or "occupant" or whatever. No return address on back.

Inside: a Commonwealth Bank bank cheque, from Operations Centre, Batman St Melbourne, made out to me, "Michael O'Brien" on 28.7.95 for A$100.00.

The Note: a yellow "Post-It" note, stuck on the cheque, with the following message:

Michael,
Here's the cheque for the following:
3 issue sub (#11 onwards) 21.50
Wyrms Footprints 25.00 2.65
Full m'ship for RQ Con III 50.00
(might as well pay it now)

                            99.05

(close enough to $100.00

Whoever you are, and I suspect by the context of the note it's someone I've been in touch with by e-mail recently, please e-mail me directly and I'll begin sending you the stuff you ordered (just got the batch of WFs in, thanks Dave!) I need never state who it was here in the Digest!

Cheers

MOB