Yanafal Illumination

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 13:32:13 -0500

        Sorry if I seem to be bringing up a dead thread, but I've been thinking about Yanafal Tarnils becoming Illuminated and confronting Humakt. I beleive that it probably did occur in that order, and before the re-birth of the Red Moon Goddess.

        Despite difference in opinion, most people seem to agree that Illumination causes/accompanies/is-caused-by a serious to severe change in the way someone perceives himself and the world around him. I put forward the thought that YT became partially/fully Illuminated, and sought out his patron on the God Plane to guide and counsel him during his time of confusion.

        Artist's rendition of the meeting (with great license):

Yanafal: .... So you see, My Lord, why I am puzzled. Much that seemed

	obvious now seems uncertain.  I find myself asking "why?" of that
	which was once unquestionable.
Humakt:   My Sword, you must put these unworthy doubts behind you.  Cleave
	unto thine Honor..........., and all shall be well again.
YT:	  This I have tried to do, My Lord, and failed.  My mind keeps
	leaping to the advantages to be gained by adopting new techniques.
H:	  I shall not repeat myself.  Thy so-called 'new techniques' are
	nothing more than a deviation from the proper path; thou wouldst
	but dilute thy strength.
YT:	  This has not been my experience, My Lord.  Did you think I
	would trouble you with a doubt but half formed?  I have tried
	these new methods in small ways; had I failed or faltered then
	would I have healed my doubts then and there.
H:	  ......... shadow I have sensed about thee.  Come now, and I
	wilt demonstrate thy folly directly.
YT:	  As you will, My Lord.

H:	Swwisssh!  (splat)
YT:	*Ressurect*  Swwissh! (splat)

H:	  This is thy 'new technique'?  To evade thy God!?
YT:	  Evade?  Surely I will come to you in the end.  But see the ad-
	vantage to be had!  Now no injury can stay me from any task My
	Lord does chose to set for me.  My services shall not end abruptly,
	my efforts but half complete.
H:	  ......!  What thou hast evaded, thou may'st no longer embrace!
	Carry my Rune no more, and fear to feel mine presence!
YT:	  As you will, lord; I shall find another path.  (Sigh)