Illuminated Truestone

From: TheCam_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 19:09:25 -0400

>>If an illuminated chaotic tried to use truestone would it let them?
>>Would it let *any* illuminate? Would it burn them (cf chaotics) or just
>>not let them use it (ie. it doesn't know if it should or not?)
>
>My guess is that the Illuminate would be able to use the Truestone. He
>doesn't register as Chaotic by the Keen Senses of the Uroxi so how could
>a dumb piece of rock know? I suppose you could convince me by saying that
>it would be more intelligent than the Uroxi but I doubt the rest of the
>digest would agree...

The fact that it's a dumb piece of rock is exactly why I _would_ think it would burn them. How is the rock supposed to know the chaotic is illuminated. I don't want to get into the potential "science" of the chemical reaction (or magical reaction or whatever) between Truestone touching a chaotic but it doesn't seem to me that illumination would make a difference.

Along similar lines, would a non-intelligent (fixed INT) creature be able to become illuminated? If so, then maybe an illuminated chaotic COULD use Truestone. Would that affect the way it would react to others? I don't think so. An illuminated rabbit would still run from a human. Unless illumination gave them intelligence.

What about illuminated truestone? Would it care who used it?

Something to think about.

Camo

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #52